Our Tax team acts as both advisory and trial counsel in tax matters for businesses and private individuals alike.
Our lawyers advise businesses on their day-to-day tax affairs (company tax, VAT, tax consolidation, etc.) as well as on their special operations (acquisitions, mergers, estate reorganisations, etc.), helping them to determine the applicable tax regime, identify all possible solutions, and select the most relevant after taking into account both tax optimization concerns and the client’s priorities. .Our lawyers also assist private individuals (including managers and shareholders) in inheritance matters, tax-related estate management, wealth tax-related strategies, and international situations.
In case of litigation, our clients will benefit from our extensive experience of tax-related proceedings and dealings with the authorities and can count on the assistance of our Tax team throughout any tax audits, appeals to the tax authorities, and/or proceedings before the civil or administrative courts. Moreover, our tax law specialists have developed a strong expertise in transfer pricing litigation (a significant risk for international groups).
In addition to their special training, the team’s lawyers, who work both in French and in English, have a comprehensive knowledge of business law and accountancy, which gives them a global perception of their clients’ expectations.
What We Do
- Definition of tax strategies for corporations’ exceptional operations: reorganisations, sales, acquisitions, transfers, etc.
- International taxation
- Company tax
- Tax litigation
For private individuals:
- Income tax, wealth tax
- Donations, successions
- Estate management
- International taxation: income from securities, expatriation, etc.
- Tax litigation
• Group reorganizations, including the approval by the tax authorities of the transfer of tax losses carried forward
• Tax due diligence and advice to French and foreign groups seeking to set up leveraged investment structures
• Setting-up of real estate investment structures on behalf of French and foreign funds
• Assistance with the tax aspects of real estate outsourcing for a French industrial group
• Counsel to a German company merging the activities of its French subsidiary and of its French branch and seeking to set off former losses against upcoming profits
• Litigation relating to the issue of deducting the payment of royalties to a Luxembourgeois company
• Counsel to private individuals looking to acquire office space for the purpose of leasing it to their company
• Counsel to French companies regarding withholding tax on dividends paid out to a German retirement pension fund
• Validation of the impact, from a tax standpoint, of the merger of two associations in the medical field
• International successions comprising personal and real property in France
• Counsel to private individuals transferring their fiscal domicile abroad
• Review of the estate of a French private individual and tax optimization advice
• Counsel to various families and foreign companies acquiring real property in France
• Litigation following tax fraud complaints against company managers